How to stop Eclipse from moving cursor for closing java parenthesis?

Viewed 816

One problem with Eclipse I am having is the editor will move my cursor when attempting to add a closing parenthesis in java code.

I will begin typing

class.method

And then ctrl + space to auto complete the method attributes

class.method(string, anotherString)

Which conveniently highlights the first attribute and moves my cursor to just after the g in string.

The problem comes when I backspace and change string, for example, to a second method call.

class.method(anotherMethod(, anotherString)

When I type the closing parenthesis to the opening parenthesis of anotherMethod, my cursor is moved to the end of the line and highlights the closing parenthesis after anotherString.

This is a rather annoying pain, as I have to move the cursor back to where it was originally to complete anotherMethod.

I have unchecked Preferences -> java -> editor -> typing -> "automatically close" but the problem persists. I also thought it had to do with my formatting settings, but restoring those to default doesn't fix the issue either.

Is there a way to tell Eclipse to stop moving my cursor?

1 Answers
Related