Socket.io emit progress check

Viewed 7295

I use Socket.io for uploading files. It works fine with the following schema:

  1. Client: read file from input and encode it to Base64 and compress it
  2. Client: Emit a Socket.io event "upload" including compressed file as a piece of data
  3. Server: Listen to "upload" event, uncompress and decode file and save it

The problem occurs for large files: I cannot see a progress of data sent via client emit (like I do with XHR).

To solve these problems I have to track (check) upload progress of emit event. How can I do this?


I would like to listen to upload progress on CLIENT SIDE ONLY


Thanks to bnuhero, socketio-file-upload gives a possibility to listen to progress on server side and emit messages to client side when let's say every 5% or 20% is uploaded. So it means to send 20 or 5 messages respectively per file. I would like to listen to progress on client side.


Looks like there is no possibility to check the progress on client side with naked Socket.io. Io-stream solves that problem.

1 Answers
Related