scp stalled while copying large files

Viewed 90006

According to the needs of the experiment, I set the MTU to 8000. After doing this, when I use scp to copy large files, it stalled with 0.00%. I tried scp -l or scp -C and turning tcp_sack on/off, but it still didn't work. And I can't change the MTU size for experiment result comparison. Is there any other way to help?

3 Answers

Although this question is quite old, I still want to share another possible solution in addition to the nice list @BrechtDeMan already provided.

In some cases the problem might be caused by a invalid speed/duplex configuration of the used link, set by auto-negotiation. My device e.g. was running with 100 Mbps/full-duplex by default but did not properly work with this configuration.

So you might read the current configuration and the supported modes with:

ethtool eth0

and give it a try with a lower setting, e.g. 100 Mbps/half-duplex in my case:

ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex half

Related