I'm working on asp.net 4 web project , The project is build with 3 sub projects:
- Site.Admin - Admin Website - ASP.NET Project
- Site.Core - DB & BL - C# Library
- Site.Web - Frontend Website. - ASP.NET Project
The project is hosted on a Single windows server 32 bit
I'm currently using ASP.NET Cache (HttpRuntime.Cache) to cache objects but the problem is that i cant share the cache between Frontend & Admin Websites.
From reading StackOverflow and other posts , i understand that the following options exist:
- Memcached - No stable windows version ?
- Couchbase - No free version ? overkill to replace asp.net cache ?
- AppFabric
- Redis - No stable windows version?
I'm looking for a free/non paid solution to replace asp.net cache.
I'd like to get some input regarding :
Windows install compatibility
Performance
Ease of use (replacing existing cache code) & .NET API.
Other alternatives ?