Will there be any detrimental effects if I accidentally remove something from a forms uses list which a control is referencing?

Viewed 150

Let's say that I have a datamodule with an ImageList. I also have a form with a button. If I wanted to hook up the ImageList property of the button, I would add the DataModule to the forms uses then select the ImageList in the Image drop-down in the button properties.

However, I can now remove the DataModule from the Forms uses list and things still seem to work fine.

Additionally, if the DataModule is open in the IDE and not in the forms uses list, I can manually type into the images property of the button the name of the image list, and it seems to correctly display the image on the button.

The Question: Will there be any detrimental effects if I accidentally remove something from a forms uses list which a control is referencing?

I am currently in the process of cleaning up the uses lists of hundreds of forms in a large project (using cnPack and Icarus) and I want to know how careful (or ruthless) I need to be.

2 Answers
Related