I have read this and the intro docs on Docker.io and I like the concept it presents. But, can you help me understand it a little better? Can you give me some practical examples and/or case studies on how Docker is used and when it makes sense to actually use it?
Just a side note, I have recently started using Vagrant to distribute a preconfigured DEV box to our development team (so we all use the same base system). I have even seen examples where Docker is used inside Vagrant and whatnot but I don't get what are the benefits to do this in a practical sense; meaning that I understand the difference between VMs and containers and the logical separation the latter provide, but when should I use the one instead of the other and when Docker inside Vagrant? (this is a more specific question but I am mostly interested in the bigger picture as outlined in the first question above).