Note: I've seen questions about this happening with the CLI git/git-svn, but nothing with TortoiseGit.
I downloaded and installed Git and TortoiseGit. I already have a remote SVN repository, and TortoiseSVN installed, if that makes any difference.
After creating an empty directory, I use the right context menu as follows:
- Git Clone
- Enter the URL of my SVN repository
- Enter the local directory I just created
- Click "From SVN Repository"
- Deselect Tags and Branch since my SVN repository doesn't have them
- Leave the From: box unchecked (more on this later)
When I hit OK, a window pops up, says it's connecting to the repository, and it scrolls through all the revisions, up to r 1693, which is my latest. It shows "Success", and my local folder has a .git directory in it. But there are no files.
I've fiddled with it as follows:
- Fetch
- SVN Fetch
- SVN Rebase
- Pull
- Change revision number to 0
- Change revision number to 1
- Change revision number to my latest
SVN Fetch seems like the obvious choice. When I change the revision number, the Clone operation fails with the message:
git did not exit cleanly (exit code 1) (16078 ms @ 12/16/2013 10:31:27 AM)
I'm going to start fiddling with the CLI, but I suspect I will have the same problems. It's a very basic operation, after all. Your help is appreciated.