'Application' is not a member of 'My'

Viewed 5610

I'm trying to add a Splash Screen to my form, but I'm getting the error -

'Application' is not a member of 'My'.

I've done some research and came across two possible solutions, but neither of them have worked for me.

  1. Splash Screen Error "'Application' is not a member of 'My'." The answer here suggests ticking the 'Enable Application Framework' option in the Project settings, but that option is greyed out.
  2. The 'My' Namespace in a VB.NET Application is Missing Members. This answer suggests that I need to add a Reference to the Project in the Project settings, but doing this does not fix the error.

Can anyone please suggest what I can do to solve this problem? Thanks.

3 Answers

I recently ran into this issue as well. The solution in my case was that I had created a .NET Core app, rather than a .NET Framework app.

Copied my code into a new Framework app and it worked just fine.

Related