has_many :through uninitialized constant

Viewed 10068

I've read the documentations and tons of tutorials about the has_many :through relations in Rails but I can't for the life of me get the hang of it.

I'm trying to add a group to my current_user(devise) and I have a table in between Group and User with a status(The user's status is changeable for that group).

Whenever I create a new Group now I get an error saying uninitialized constant Group::GroupUser

here are my models:

groupuser.rb

class GroupUser < ActiveRecord::Base
    belongs_to              :group
    belongs_to              :user
end

group.rb

class Group < ActiveRecord::Base
    has_many                            :clients
    has_and_belongs_to_many             :pictograms

    has_many :group_users
    has_many :users, :through => :group_users

    accepts_nested_attributes_for :clients

    validates_length_of                 :name,  :minimum => 5
    validates_presence_of               :name
    validates_presence_of               :background
    validates_presence_of               :clocktype
end

User.rb

class User < ActiveRecord::Base
  # Include default devise modules. Others available are:
  # :token_authenticatable, :confirmable,
  # :lockable, :timeoutable and :omniauthable
  devise :database_authenticatable, :registerable,
         :recoverable, :rememberable, :trackable, :validatable


  validates_presence_of   :first_name
  validates_presence_of   :last_name
  validates               :email, presence: true, uniqueness: true

  has_many :group_users
  has_many :groups, :through => :group_users

  has_attached_file :avatar, :styles => { 
                                :medium => "300x300#", 
                                :thumb => "100x100#" 
                             }
  validates_attachment_content_type :avatar, :content_type => ['image/jpg', 'image/png', 'image/jpeg']

  validates_attachment :avatar,
                  :size => { :in => 0..1.megabytes }

  def completeName
    "#{self.first_name} #{self.last_name}"
  end
end

And the related stuff from schema.rb

  create_table "group_users", id: false, force: true do |t|
    t.integer "group_id"
    t.integer "user_id"
    t.integer "status",   default: 0
  end

  add_index "group_users", ["group_id"], name: "index_group_users_on_group_id"
  add_index "group_users", ["user_id"], name: "index_group_users_on_user_id"

  create_table "groups", force: true do |t|
    t.string   "name"
    t.integer  "clocktype"
    t.string   "background"
    t.datetime "created_at"
    t.datetime "updated_at"
  end
  create_table "users", force: true do |t|
    t.string   "first_name"
    t.string   "last_name"
    t.string   "password"
    t.string   "avatar_file_name"
    t.string   "avatar_content_type"
    t.integer  "avatar_file_size"
    t.datetime "avatar_updated_at"
    t.datetime "created_at"
    t.datetime "updated_at"
    t.string   "email",                  default: "", null: false
    t.string   "encrypted_password",     default: "", null: false
    t.string   "reset_password_token"
    t.datetime "reset_password_sent_at"
    t.datetime "remember_created_at"
    t.integer  "sign_in_count",          default: 0
    t.datetime "current_sign_in_at"
    t.datetime "last_sign_in_at"
    t.string   "current_sign_in_ip"
    t.string   "last_sign_in_ip"
  end

  add_index "users", ["email"], name: "index_users_on_email", unique: true
  add_index "users", ["reset_password_token"], name: "index_users_on_reset_password_token", unique: true

And lastly. the line that throws the error

@group.users << current_user
1 Answers
Related