in ember how to create a class method on Ember.Object.extend that can work to access a json service

Viewed 698

Sorry to ask such a simple question but I'm looking at migrating from jQuery to Ember and am trying to figure out calling / responding json without using ember-data. One question I have is how do people suggest having class methods. Say for example I have a post object like this:

Hex.Post = Ember.Object.extend({
  id: null,
  body: null
});

Would a reasonable findById look like this?

$(document).ready(function(){
  Hex.Post.findById=function(id){
    console.log("you are here");
    $.getJSON("/arc/v1/api/post/" + id, function(data){
         var post = Hex.Post.create();
         post.set('id', data.id);
         post.set('body',data.body);
        return post;
    });
  };
});

Or is this just wrong for creating a findById class method?

When I run this from the chrome console, it comes back as undefined even though the JSON call works fine in a brower. What am I doing wrong?

thx

FROM CHROME CONSOLE:

enter image description here

1 Answers
Related