JFrame freezes on Windows 8.1 when resized

Viewed 895

Also posted on coderanch.com.

import javax.swing.*;

public class Tmp {
    public static void main(String[] args) {
        SwingUtilities.invokeLater(new Runnable() {
            @Override
            public void run() {
                JFrame frame = new JFrame();
                frame.setSize(200, 200);
                frame.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.EXIT_ON_CLOSE);
                frame.add(new JTextField());
                frame.setVisible(true);
            }
        });
    }
}

A problem regarding resizing this JFrame.

This is how it looks by default right after program starts:

enter image description here

When I try to resize it like shown on a picture and move a mouse pointer to the top of a screen (like on picture below) I see this:

enter image description here

When I release the mouse the frame is resized but unresponsive. And there is a black space on it. This is how it looks:

enter image description here

This happens on Windows 8.1 and java 1.7.0_45 (it also happens on Windows 7).
The problem does not occur when using other ways of resizing a frame in Windows.
It only happens when "Show window contents while dragging" is active in system settings.
Why is it happening?
How can this be fixed?

2 Answers
Related