I have to develop a vehicle tracking system. I have gone through 'Google Map API' and Google Map Tracks API' tutorials. i-e;
My basic scenario will be as follows:
We have to track the phone moving in a vehicle. There should be some application on mobile to get its current location and send this info to the web application on some server for monitoring purpose.
I am not asking for the code. I just want to know that
For phone application: What part should I use (Google Map Tracks API or something else)? What is the best language to develop a phone application?
For Web Application: Should I use the Google Map API? What is the best language to develop the web part?
My only confusion is selection of right technology for right device? I am not sure about Google Map Tracks API (it should be part of phone application or web application or how to use this?)
One more thing, I was trying to set the authentication part of google map tracks api in php and successfully authenticated on my localhost (desktop machine) using google+ acount credentials. Will this also (php) work on mobile?
Note: I am open to develop in any language.