protractor stand alone selenium fails: Error: Timed out waiting for the WebDriver server at

Viewed 11367

I have installed protractor with the stand alone selenium server:

webdriver-manager update

If I run protractor with the stand alone server already running and the config pointed at that selenium instance it works fine.

I want to have protractor start the server and then run the tests. By default protractor finds chrome driver and the selenium server jar so I am using a minimal config:

exports.config = {
    capabilities: {
        'browserName': 'chrome'
    },
    specs: ['test/e2e/*.js']
};

But when it launches it can't connect to the server.

Error: Timed out waiting for the WebDriver server at http://192.168.1.146:56159/
wd/hub

I have noticed that when starting seleniumn with webdriver-manager start that the server starts up on localhost. I can't seem to get protractor to do the same.

My guess is that the firewall is preventing the connection.

Environment Version info: - grunt v0.4.1
- node 0.10.18 - selenium-server-standalone-2.37.0.jar - selenium-server-standalone-2.38.0.jar - protractor 0.14.0 - windows 7 Pro

2 Answers
Related