GUI, cross-platform, C# and OpenGL. Is it possible?

Viewed 2040

Is it possible to make a desktop application, which would be cross-platform (Windows, Linux and perhaps Mac), which would feature a GUI (standard stuff, textboxes, buttons and such), it would be written in C#, and would have a 3D viewer / window, which would be driven through OpenGL?

I'm accustomed to the WPF/Xaml environment when it comes to creating a GUI, mostly in Visual Studio, coupled with XNA for 3D elements, but I need it to be OpenGL now, mostly because I need it to be cross-platform (I am going to be loading proprietary custom object formats, so I don't really have a need for third-party libraires).

Is there a way to do the above? And if there is, how and which tools would be necessary? (IDE examples, tutorials...)

EDIT: I am currently looking at a combination of GtkGlAreaSharp, Monodevelop and Tao as a wrapper. I'm looking forward to possibly simpler suggestions.

1 Answers
Related