Verifying super.method() is called using Mockito

Viewed 13515

First of all I would like to say I am working with legacy code and I cannot change it no matter how much I want to.

With that out the way, what I am trying to do is verify that a super.method() is called. This is specifically what I am trying to test with Mockito/Junit:

class foo extends JApplet(){

       public void destroy(){
          super.destroy();
 }
}

Normally something like this would suffice in a test case if it was not a super method being called:

verify(foo).destroy();

I've seen this question asked a couple of times and usually the response is "Inheritance is bad, change your code" which I cannot do at all unfortunately. Is anyone aware of any frameworks or small little tricks I could do to test this?

Thanks in advance - I know this is a tricky problem!

4 Answers
Related