Resizing surface view for aspect ratio change in video display in android

Viewed 37662

I am working on a video conferencing project. My video display is using surface view. Now during a video call there is a chance of aspect ratio change for the incoming frames. So i have tried the following code for it

public void surfaceResize() {

   // WindowManager wm = (WindowManager) context.getSystemService(Context.WINDOW_SERVICE);
    Point size = new Point();
    int screenWidth = 0;
    //Get the SurfaceView layout parameters

    float aspectRatio = (float) recv_frame_width / recv_frame_height;

    if(getResources().getConfiguration().orientation == Configuration.ORIENTATION_PORTRAIT) 
    {   
        //Get the width of the screen
        getWindowManager().getDefaultDisplay().getSize(size);
        screenWidth = size.x;

        //Set the width of the SurfaceView to the width of the screen
        surflp.width = screenWidth;

        //Set the height of the SurfaceView to match the aspect ratio of the video 
        //be sure to cast these as floats otherwise the calculation will likely be 0
        surflp.height = (int) ((1 / aspectRatio) * (float)screenWidth);

        //Commit the layout parameters

    } else {

        size.x = size.y = 0;
        //Get the width of the screen
        getWindowManager().getDefaultDisplay().getSize(size);

        int screenHeight = size.y;

        //Set the width of the SurfaceView to the width of the screen
        surflp.height = screenHeight;

        //Set the width of the SurfaceView to match the aspect ratio of the video 
        //be sure to cast these as floats otherwise the calculation will likely be 0
        surflp.width = (int) ( aspectRatio * (float)screenHeight);

        //Commit the layout parameters
        // code to do for Portrait Mode        
    }
    surflp.addRule(RelativeLayout.CENTER_HORIZONTAL);
    surflp.addRule(RelativeLayout.CENTER_VERTICAL);

    if(myVideoSurfaceView != null) 
        myVideoSurfaceView.setLayoutParams(surflp);  
    System.out.println("Surface resized*****************************************");
}

Everything is fine if I call this function at beginning of call. My problem is when I call this function in between a call for changing aspect ratio it takes too much time to display the next frame. Sometimes the video gets stuck even.

I tried to destroy and recreate the surface with

myVideoSurface.setVisibility(VIEW.GONE);

But the surface is not getting created.

I am using Mediacodec for video decode I will get notified when there is a resolution change.

Is there something more I should do for resizing a surfaceView when already video is being played.

Thanks for help.........................

2 Answers

enter image description here This problem can be solved like this.

Related