Unknown SSL protocol error in connection

Viewed 177141

I want to push my commits to a Bitbucket repository but this error occurred:

Fatal: unable to access
'https://myUsername@bitbucket.org/myUsername/myRepository.git/':
Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to bitbucket.org:443
16 Answers

I faced this issue while i was using version control in Android Studio 2.1.3, the scenario i faces was as follows :

1- i opened the IDE and clicked on the "update / pull" icon (Ctrl+T)

2- it did not ask for the Master password and it failed, gave me this error :

Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to bitbucket.org:443

3- i tried to fetch the repository (right click > git > repository > fetch)

4- it asked me for the master password and i entered it

5- it tried to fetch but it failed again and again and again

6- i restarted Android studio

7- i tried to fetch the repository (right click > git > repository > fetch)

8- it asked me for the master password and i entered it

9- now things are OK, every thing goes fine

Conclusion :

maybe Android Studio needs the Master password first before any git actions, else it will keep failing even if it asked for Master password later on, i don't know, this is the scenario that happened to me

I had the same issue, tried all changing SSL settings that are provided here. If you are in the corporate network and ssh keys used in such tools like Gerrit. 1. Get your ssh key, 2. Visit Bitbucket and navigate to Profile >> Settings >> SSH Keys >> Add Key.

After ssh key addition, try to push again.

I was able to solve it by running

git config --list --show-origin

and then seeing that I had a line:

file:c:/Users/user/.gitconfig http.sslversion=sslv3

I edited the file, c:/Users/user/.gitconfig, and deleted the line [http] and the line sslversion=sslv3 and that fixed it for me.

Related