Excel VBA: Paste problems

Viewed 11775

I have tried a variety of ways to do this paste, but none of them are working. I am extremely new to programming, so I need some help with understanding why I keep getting either error 1004 or 5. I don't even understand what these errors mean.

Cells(hotcell).Copy
Cells.Offset(0, 1).PasteSpecial

or ...Paste, ...PasteSpecial = xlpasteall, ...pastespecial Paste:= xlpasteall, Range(Cells("B" & i)).paste, Range("B" & i).paste, and so on as above.

I'm at a total loss. Everything else in the program is working just fine. I just can't get it to paste my copied values into the desired cells (all offset by a certain number of columns, but in the same row). Help and explanation both appreciated.

Edit Thanks to BOTH of the answers I recieved, I was able to solve my problem. I really couldn't find a good answer anywhere I looked. Thank you!

The solution I used was one of the simplest:

rng.Offset(0, 1) = rng.Text

Thanks again to the posters who answered, and the ones who commented. I was making it far too difficult.

2 Answers
Related