I'm working is SSIS and want to select a value from a function on a PostgreSQL database. (This SSIS package retrieves data from the PostgreSQL database for processing into a data mart. The function here is simply setting a status flag in a table on the PostgreSQL database.)
The function returns a single character ('Y' or 'N'). I am executing it with a SQL Task, issuing the statement 'select edw_processing_start_process from ;'.
The statement works, in the sense that the flag is successfully switched on the PostgreSQL database. But the SQL Task returns the error in the title of this question. (I've googled that error, found a lot of references, but none that seem to pertain to this precise situation...I guess it appears in a lot of Microsoft tools.)
The ResultSet of the SQL Task is set at Single row, the variable set to string data type. Beyond that, I don't really have any idea what's going on.
Thanks, --sw