POST KnockoutJS data to mvc controller not binding

Viewed 6281

I'm trying to do a post of the mapped KnockoutJS model. I can see when debugging it, the JSON is correct. But the server shows that Product is 0 (empty). While it does contain 1 item.

MVC Controller:

[HttpPost]
public ActionResult Test(MyModel model, FormCollection fc)
{
   return RedirectToAction("index");
}

The AJAX submit:

$('#btnSubmit').click(function (event) {
        var theModel = ko.mapping.toJSON(viewModel);
        debugger;
        $.ajax({
            type: 'POST',
            url: "@Url.Action("Test", "Home")",
            data: theModel,
            contentType: 'application/json; charset=utf-8',
            success: function (result) {
                if (!result.success) {
                    //alert(result.error);
                }
                else { }
            }
        });
    });

This is a partial JSON object:

"Products":[{"Id":2,"Name":"bread"}]

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT:

public class MyModel
{
   public int User { get; set; }
   public string Address { get; set; }
   public string ZipCode { get; set; }
   public List<Product> Products { get; set; }

}

public class Product
{
   public int Id { get; set; }
   public string Name { get; set; } 
}
2 Answers
Related