iOS 7 cancellation of interactive transition fails to release presented view controller

Viewed 469

When an interactive transition is cancelled, the presented view controller is never released (dealloc is never called). When an interactive transition completes successfully, all is good, but when this transition is cancelled, it seems that the destination view controller is never released. The result is memory loss, but not a memory leak (at least not detected by Instruments). I could be doing something wrong, but I don't see what that is. Since I have been unable to find any evidence that anybody else is having this problem, I assume it's me.

I have a very small sample project that demonstrates the issue (https://github.com/mparma-isi/InteractiveTransitionIssue.git). A tap in the red square performs a transition to the second view controller. A tap in the second controller dismisses that controller back to the first. A pinch gesture inside the red square of the first view controller starts an interactive transition using UIPercentDrivenInteractiveTransition. If you cancel the transition (negative velocity of the pinch) the presented view controller does not get released. If you complete the transition, all works as expected.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

1 Answers
Related