Laravel 4 CSRF form submit through Ajax call

Viewed 15114

I'm new to both Stackoverflow and Laravel 4, I am trying to submit a form through jquery ajax. I serializeArray() the form and use json to submit it. In laravel, in the routes I check the csrf token submitted, the go to my controller for process inputs. The csrf check doesn't work when the _token input is in an array as with serializeArray(). I have to get the _token value and submit is as a seperate ajax data. I'm wondering if there is a way to tell csrf filter where ever its running to check the input array for hte field _token and use that? here is my code:

routes.php

Route::post('searchAjax', array('before' => 'csrf', 
                                'uses' => 'SearchController@searchAjax'));

This is where I wan't it to read the array form[0]['_token] but I don't know how to tell it to do that.

index.js
    var form = $('#search').serializeArray();
var token = $('#search > input[name="_token"]').val();
$.ajax({
    type: 'post',
    url: 'searchAjax',
    dataType: 'json',
    data: { _token: token, form: form },
    success: function(data) {
        for(var key in data)
        {
            //alert(key)
        }
        //alert(data.message);
    }
});

I want to get rid of { _token: token, form: form } in the ajax call and just have 'form' that is an array with _token in it already. here is the html:

<form id="search" class="form-horizontal" accept-charset="UTF-8" action="http://testing:998/search" method="POST">
  <input type="hidden" value="6GBbv9LmnOdL8UcOsm8DDJ4Bfi6eGcQRlC9SPdL4" name="_token">
<div class="control-group">
  <label class="control-label" for="title">Book Titles</label>
  <div class="controls">
    <input id="title" class="input" type="text" value="click to search book titles" name="title">
  </div>
</div>
<div class="control-group">
<div class="control-group">
<div class="control-group">
</form>

Thank you in advance. :)

1 Answers
Related