I've got a scenario I'm trying to implement in my app where I'd like to make a UIScrollView behave more 'stiff' once you start forcing it to scroll past its normal content bounds.
What I mean by this, is when you're either at the top or bottom of a scroll view, if you tap down and keep dragging, you can usually get the scroll view to keep scroling beyond its bounds, but it gradually builds up resistance, until it stops usually about half way in the middle of the view's bounds. When you lift your finger, it snaps back to the bounds of the scroll region.
What I'm trying to achieve, is I'd like to make that 'out-of-bounds' dragging effect a lot more heavy, so instead of the user dragging the scroll view and it 'bottoming-out' mid way through the scroll view bounds, it completely stops around 20% or so past its scrolling bounds instead.
I've been experimenting with overriding the scroll view's contentOffset inside the scrollViewDidScroll: delegate method, but that doesn't seem to work since re-setting the contentOffset in there seems to screw up further delegate calls of the same method.
My next idea was to monitor the UIPanGestureRecognizer associated with the scrollview and try and determine the proper UIScrollView contentOffset based off events coming out of that. That being said, I thought that might start getting on the hacky side, so I thought I'd ask here for any other solutions I hadn't considered before I try something that could potentially be messy.
Thanks!