iOS 7 Region Monitoring Doesn't Reliably Fire

Viewed 1623

I have setup an app that only has region monitoring and nothing else. I am testing by running in front mode (as opposed to background mode). It is running on an iphone 5 with ios 7.0.4. It has background app refresh and location service and location authorization to this app enabled.

I have observed something really strange. When I use a simulator to cross boundaries, sometimes didEnterRegion/didExitRegion got called. But sometimes it just never get called no matter how many times I switch in and out of the boundary in simulation. There are times when it is called significantly late (several minutes) after I changed simulation.

I examined monitoredRegions to make sure the region I want to monitor is valid, and it is. The region monitored is around 100m radius. I use 2 simulation points, 1 inside, 1 in a different city. I used startMonitoringForRegion for monitoring the region.

Am I missing something here?

2 Answers
Related