Node http-proxy and express

Viewed 35956

I'm trying to do something like this:

// Setup prox to handle blog requests
httpProxy.createServer({
    hostnameOnly: true,
    router: {
        'http://localhost': '8080',
        'http://localhost/blog': '2368' 
    }
}).listen(8000);

Previously I was using this:

http.createServer(app).listen(app.get('port'), function(){
    console.log("Express server listening on port " + app.get('port'));
});

Basically, I want to still use express... but, when people go to http://localhost/blog get taken to the blog but still be served over port 8080 (which will eventually be port 80)

So I switched it to this and it worked better. The problem is that express takes over the routing (from what I can tell)

var options = {
    // pathnameOnly: true,
    router: {
        'localhost': 'localhost:8080',
        'localhost/blog': 'localhost:2368'
    }
}

// Setup prox to handle blog requests
var proxyServer = httpProxy.createServer(options);
proxyServer.listen(9000);

require('./app/server/router')(app);

http.createServer(app).listen(app.get('port'), function(){
    console.log("Express server listening on port " + app.get('port'));
});
4 Answers

I have used simple solution to proxified my GET/POST requests.

var httpProxy = require('http-proxy');
var apiProxy = httpProxy.createProxyServer();

app.post("/api/*", function(req, res) {
  apiProxy.web(req, res, { target: 'http://localhost:5000'})
});
app.get("/api/*", function(req, res) {
  apiProxy.web(req, res, { target: 'http://localhost:5000'})
});

another easier way to handle all type of requests is:

app.all("/api/*", function(req, res) {
  apiProxy.web(req, res, { target: 'http://localhost:5000'})
});

NOTE: above functions must be before bodyparser.

Related