MySQL Workbench - Connect to a Localhost

Viewed 230223

I just installed MySQL Workbench and there are no connections available for my localhost server. When I try to make one, I get an error popup. Has anyone experienced something like this before and would be able to help me out?

Here is what it looks like on start up:

MySQL home page

And if I try to make a connection myself it shows this: enter image description here

Any help would be much appreciated - thanks!

9 Answers

For Win users:

Check if the MYSQL service is running or not. To check the service is running or not. Use the below steps:

  • Step1: Open the Services Desktop app from the Windows menu.

enter image description here

  • Step 2: Then search the list of services to identify the name of the MySQL service. enter image description here
  • Step 3: Right-click on the service name to open the menu.
  • Step 4: Start the service if it is not running.

Its Worked for me on Windows

First i installed and started XAMPP Control Panel enter image description here

Clicked for Start under Actions for MySQL. And below is my Configuration for MySQL (MySQL Workbench 8.0 CE) Connections enter image description here And it got connected with Test DataBase

Solution:

  1. Open up your mysql installer.
  2. Click on Reconfigure, shown in red. https://i.stack.imgur.com/FUYnk.jpg
  3. In that, Click on next until you enter the Accounts and Roles tab.
  4. Create a password and then, click next for the rest of the tabs.

Now, try again!

enter image description here

I think you want to config your database server firstly after the installation, as shown in picture, you can reconfigure MySql server

Related