Best solution for too many pins on google maps

Viewed 7753

Here is my Google Maps "Setup"

  • I read from database the locations of all markers (under 300) - sent those into javascript as Json
  • On javascript i parse the json, look trough marker array and create a new google.maps.Marker. For each marker i add an event for clicl that will open a infobox (infoBox.js) with a main picture and some custom details. After that i create clusters( using MarkerClusterer) and everything works well (at least for 3-400 markers)

I want to expand and display up to 10k of markers ( using MarkerClusterer).What will be the best approach ?

I was thinking into writing all markers data into a file(as javascript array or xml) and have javascript reading from there since will not be practical to query the database for 10k locations. Do you advise otherwise ?

Should i use the same looping trough array and put one marker at a time ? I looked over kml layers but it seems i cannot navigate trough markers (i have a prev/next location feature) and i may not be able to use the infobox.js ?

Any advice ?

1 Answers
Related