Visual Studio 9: Display Linker Search Paths

Viewed 2317

How do I convince the MSVC9 linker to show me which paths it is searching for include libraries (libs) in?

I am trying to solve a problem where I am getting the following linker error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'MyGizmo.lib'

Under Linker > General, I have Additional Library Directories set as:

..\..\..\x64\Release

Which is, I thought, where the lib file I'm looking for resides.

When I change this path to the fully-qualified directory where the lib file is, the linker passes and finds the lib file. Therefore, I conclude that the way I have entered my relative path above is incorrect. If the path is relative to where the source code lives, this relative path should be correct.

So how do I tell the MSVC9 linker to tell me what it thinks ..\..\..\x64\Release resolves to?

1 Answers
Related