I am newbie to Storm and have created a program to read the incremented numbers for certain time. I have used a counter in Spout and in the "nextTuple()" method the counter is being emitted and incremented
_collector.emit(new Values(new Integer(currentNumber++)));
/* how this method is being continuously called...*/
and in the execute() method of the Tuple class has
public void execute(Tuple input) {
int number = input.getInteger(0);
logger.info("This number is (" + number + ")");
_outputCollector.ack(input);
}
/*this part I am clear as Bolt would receive the input from Spout*/
In my Main class execution I have the following code
TopologyBuilder builder = new TopologyBuilder();
builder.setSpout("NumberSpout", new NumberSpout());
builder.setBolt("NumberBolt", new PrimeNumberBolt())
.shuffleGrouping("NumberSpout");
Config config = new Config();
LocalCluster localCluster = new LocalCluster();
localCluster.submitTopology("NumberTest", config, builder.createTopology());
Utils.sleep(10000);
localCluster.killTopology("NumberTest");
localCluster.shutdown();
The programs Perfectly works fine. What currently I am looking here is how does the Storm framework internally calls the nextTuple() method continuously. I am sure that my understanding is missing something here and due to this gap I am unable to connect to the internal logic of this framework.
Can anyone of you guys help me in understanding this portion clearly then it would be a great help for me as I will have to implement this concept in my project. If I am conceptually clear here then I can make a significant progress. Appreciate if anyone can quickly assist me over here. Awaiting responses...