What works
Suppose I have inetOrgPersons in ou=people,dc=example,dc=com. Example:
dn: cn=John Doe,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: inetOrgPerson (structural)
objectClass: person (structural)
objectClass: top (abstract)
cn: John Doe
sn: Doe
givenName: John
mail: john.doe@example.com
uid: john.doe
In addition I have several organizations:
dn: o=foo,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: organization (structural)
objectClass:top (abstract)
o: foo
dn: o=bar,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: organization (structural)
objectClass:top (abstract)
o: bar
For each organization there is a groupOfNames:
dn: cn=users,o=foo,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass:groupOfNames (structural)
cn: users
member: cn=John Doe,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
dn: cn=users,o=bar,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass:groupOfNames (structural)
cn: users
As you can see, cn=John Doe,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com is listed as a member of cn=users,o=foo,dc=example,dc=com but not of dn: cn=users,o=bar,dc=example,dc=com.
Problem
I want to note membership at the inetOrgPersons, too.
memberOf is not in the schemas I currently use for a user. Is there any schema available that provides memberOf?
member is part of groupOfNames but this objectClass conflicts with inetOrgPerson:
[LDAP: error code 65 - invalid structural object class chain (inetOrgPerson/groupOfNames)]
Question
How can I note the membership in cn=users,o=foo,dc=example,dc=com on cn=John Doe,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com?