HOMEWORK QUESTION: I need to create a simple trivia game that reads from a CSV file. My data for a particular question is structured as follows: "Question;AnswerA;AnswerB;AnswerC;AnswerD;CorrectAnswerLetter".
We're using a series of getters and setters to hold all the relevant data for a single question object, and I'm running into a problem with the array I've created to hold the four answers.
In my constructor, I'm using this code--which I believe instantiates the Answer array in question:
class TriviaQuestionUnit
{
...
const int NUM_ANSWERS = 4;
string[] m_Answers = new String[NUM_ANSWERS];
public string[] Answer
{
get { return m_Answers[]; }
set { m_Answers = value[];
}
...
// Answer array
public string[] GETAnswer(int index)
{
return m_Questions[index].Answer;
}
...
}
I'm accessing the getter and setter from my TriviaQuestionBank method, which includes this code:
...
const int NUM_QUESTIONS = 15;
TriviaQuestionUnit[] m_Questions = new TriviaQuestionUnit[NUM_QUESTIONS];
...
// Answer array
public string[] GETAnswer(int index)
{
return m_Questions[index].Answer;
}
...
I'm using using StreamReader to read a line of input from my file
...
char delim = ';';
String[] inputValues = inputText.Split(delim);
...
parses the input in an array from which I create the question data. For my four answers, index 1 through 4 in the inputValues array, I populate this question's array with four answers.
...
for (int i = 0; i < NUM_ANSWERS; i++)
{
m_Questions[questionCounter].Answer[i] = inputValues[i + 1];
}
...
I'm getting errors of Syntax code, value expected on the getters/setters in my constructor, and if I change the variable to m_Answers[NUM_QUESTIONS] I get an error that I can't implicitly convert string to String[].
Hopefully I've posted enough code for someone to help point me in the right direction. I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but I just cannot make this work.