Forms Authentication Across Applications has no cookie

Viewed 3397

I have two applications. The first one is an ASP.NET 4 MVC application that requires authentication. The second is an app that will handle the authentication and set the forms authentication cookie.

On the authorizing app, I call

FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(username, false);

and then I do a simple Response.Redirect back to my MVC application.

In the MVC app, I am making a custom filter that inherits from AuthorizeFilter. On the OnAuthorization method, I was going to decrypt the cookie and grab some additional user data from the authorized user.

My problem is, that

HttpContext.Current.Request.Cookies

has nothing in it. I have checked out fiddler, and the authentication app correctly sets the cookie, and the MVC application gets the cookie, but when it gets to my filter, there is nothing there.

My web.config has in both applications has the exact same setup:

      <forms
    name=".ASPXFORMSAUTH"
    protection="All"
    path="/"
    timeout="30"
    enableCrossAppRedirects="true"
    domain="localhost"/>

And I have setup both with the same machineKey to be able to decrypt the cookie. The problem is, I am not seeing any cookie in my OnAuthorization method within my MVC filter.

Right now both applications are running on my local IIS instance.

1 Answers
Related