I'm using jqGrid to maintain a database in MySQL using jSON data. I'm able to display the data in the grid but when I try to add or edit a data row through the modal form I get a message saying "Url is not set". But what is the editurl suppose to contain? mysql insert statements? I'm using the grid's predefined add and edit functions.
Also, if you take a look at the trirand demo page under Manipulating then under Grid Data. They specify their url as url:'server.php?q=2' and their editurl:"someurl.php" They never say what the someurl.php contains. This is where I get lost and I can't find a resource to give me any hints as to what is suppose to be in the editurl php file.
Thanks for any advice.
UPDATE: Code in my editurl php file: I put the POST values from the col model in variables. I only need insert and update statements in the switch statement. Take a look at my insert statement to see which one I should be using. I also have to make you aware that I'm not listing all the columns in the database but I'm listing all the columns that the user sees in the grid. The first insert statement is commented and it states the columns that the values are suppose to be inserted based on their order. The second insert statement is following the order that is in the database. Where you see ' ' are the columns that I didn't want to display to the data grid for the user to see because that information wasn't relevant.
<?php
$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuser = "root";
$dbpass = "**********";
$dbname = "codes";
// connect to the database
$mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass) or die("Connection Error: " . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db($dbname) or die("Error conecting to db.");
$div = $_POST['div_id'];
$l2 = $_POST['l2_id'];
$l1l2 = $_POST['l1l2_id'];
$l1l3 = $_POST['l1l3_id'];
$l2l3 = $_POST['l2l3_id'];
$beg = $_POST['exec_beg'];
$end = $_POST['exec_end'];
$csa = $_POST['csa_id'];
$area = $_POST['area_id'];
$areadesc = $_POST['area_desc'];
$shortdesc = $_POST['short_desc'];
$longdesc = $_POST['long_desc'];
$enabled = $_POST['avail_ind'];
switch($_POST['oper'])
{
case "add":
$query = "INSERT INTO divcodes values ($div,'',$l1l2,$l2,$l1l3,$l2l3,$beg,$end,'',''$csa,$area,$areadesc,$shortdesc,$longdesc,$enabled,'','','','','',''";
$run = mysql_query($query);
break;
case "edit":
//do mysql update statement here
break;
}
When I set the editurl to my php file and I try to add new row of data to the grid it gives me internal server error 500. I don't know how to debug it any further and the error 500 is such a general error.
I thought that since I was using the predefined operations of the grid (add/edit) that the grid would just know to perform an insert or update statement into my database but it looks like that's not the case?
UPDATE TAKE 2: I changed the syntax to use the mysqli extension. Once I restructured my insert statements I stopped getting the 'Internal Server Error Code 500'. When I click add new record then fill in test data then click on submit the modal window disappears like the data has been added to the grid. But no where in the grid can I find the data (maybe the grid is not reloading with the new data). I checked phpmyadmin and the new row is no where to be found. When I edit an existing row and click submit the dialog box stays open but I'm not getting the error 500 which is a relief.
<?php
$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuser = "root";
$dbpass = "**********";
$dbname = "codes";
// connect to the database
$conn = mysqli_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass) or die("Connection Error: " . mysql_error());
mysqli_select_db($conn,$dbname) or die("Error conecting to db.");
$div = $_POST['div_id'];
$l2 = $_POST['l2_id'];
$l1l2 = $_POST['l1l2_id'];
$l1l3 = $_POST['l1l3_id'];
$l2l3 = $_POST['l2l3_id'];
$beg = $_POST['exec_beg'];
$end = $_POST['exec_end'];
$csa = $_POST['csa_id'];
$area = $_POST['area_id'];
$areadesc = $_POST['area_desc'];
$shortdesc = $_POST['short_desc'];
$longdesc = $_POST['long_desc'];
$enabled = $_POST['avail_ind'];
switch($_POST['oper'])
{
case "add":
$query = "INSERT INTO divcodes (div_id,l1l2_id,l2_id,l1l3_id,l2l3_id,exec_beg,exec_end,csa_id,area_id,area_desc,short_desc,long_desc,avail_ind) values ($div,$l1l2,$l2,$l1l3,$l2l3,$beg,$end,$csa,$area,$areadesc,$shortdesc,$longdesc,$enabled)";
mysqli_query($conn,$query);
break;
case "edit":
$query = "UPDATE divcodes SET div_id=$div,l1l2_id=$l2,l2_id=$l1l2,l1l3_id=$l2l3,l2l3_id=$l2l3,exec_beg=$beg,exec_end=$end,csa_id=$csa,area_id=$area,area_desc=$areadesc,short_desc=$shortdesc,long_desc=$longdesc,avail_ind=$enabled";
mysqli_query($conn,$query);
break;
}
?>