Chart.js - Formatting Y axis

Viewed 130177

I'm using Chart.js to draw a simple bar plot and I need to format its Y axis like

123456.05 to 123 456,05 $

I don't understand how to use scaleLabel : "<%=value%>"

I saw someone pointing to "JS Micro-Templating",
but no clue how to use that with our scaleLabel option.

Does someone know how to format this Y axis, and maybe give me an example ?

7 Answers

Chart.js 2.X.X

I know this post is old. But if anyone is looking for more flexible solution, here it is

var options = {
        scales: {
            yAxes: [{
                ticks: {
                    beginAtZero: true,
                    callback: function(label, index, labels) {
                        return Intl.NumberFormat().format(label);
                        // 1,350

                        return Intl.NumberFormat('hi', { 
                            style: 'currency', currency: 'INR', minimumFractionDigits: 0, 
                        }).format(label).replace(/^(\D+)/, '$1 ');
                        // ₹ 1,350

                        // return Intl.NumberFormat('hi', {
                            style: 'currency', currency: 'INR', currencyDisplay: 'symbol', minimumFractionDigits: 2 
                        }).format(label).replace(/^(\D+)/, '$1 ');
                        // ₹ 1,350.00
                    }
                }
            }]
        }
    }

'hi' is Hindi. Check here for other locales argument
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Intl#Locale_identification_and_negotiation#locales_argument

for more currency symbol
https://www.currency-iso.org/en/home/tables/table-a1.html

For anyone using 3.X.X, here's the updated syntax to change y axis labels:

scales: {
  y: {
    ticks: {
      callback: (label) => `$ ${label}`,
    },
  },
},
Related