Chrome App offline installer for ICT4D

Viewed 145

I'm interested in using Chrome (Packaged) Apps for ICT4D applications.

Is it possible to distribute Chrome Apps without being online / using the Chrome Web Store at all?

The big goal would be to distribute packaged apps using only USB flash drives / pendrives.

I would like to use Chrome Apps for their ability to target all desktop (& laptop) OSs. (Even fairly old ones. I might have to also distribute Chrome with the app.) Using web technologies (and laptops / computers) makes sense for the content-creation part of the app (and to reuse code), I think. The data could be distributed with the app in one neat offline bundle.

I will target mobile OSs with a simpler content-consumption app, but will probably try to reuse a lot of the code. In Android at least the app might be able to simply keep an .apk copy of itself to distribute to others offline.

1 Answers
Related