I'm trying to get remote debugging to work. The PHP is running on a VM and I'm trying to debug from NetBeans on the host machine.
I've followed the instructions here, forwarded port 9000 in the Windows 7 firewall and in the VirtualBox network settings, and set up path mappings in NetBeans. My xdebug settings look like this:
xdebug.remote_enable = On
xdebug.remote_connect_back = On
xdebug.idekey = "netbeans-xdebug"
xdebug.remote_log = /tmp/xdebug.log
When I load the URL I want to debug (using the correct idekey) it logs the following:
I: Checking remote connect back address.
I: Remote address found, connecting to 192.168.0.1:9000.
I: Connected to client. :-)
-> <init xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1"
xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug"
fileuri="file:///home/dev/web/projects/project.com.vm/httpdocs/index.php"
language="PHP" protocol_version="1.0"
appid="1380"
idekey="netbeans-xdebug">
<engine version="2.2.1"><![CDATA[Xdebug]]></engine><author><![CDATA[Derick Rethans]]></author><url><![CDATA[http://xdebug.org]]></url><copyright><![CDATA[Copyright (c) 2002-2012 by Derick Rethans]]></copyright></init>
-> <response xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1" xmlns:xdebug="http://xdebug.org/dbgp/xdebug" status="stopping" reason="ok"></response>
However, NetBeans remains waiting for a connection. I've got it set up to stop at the first line, in addition to having a breakpoint set. The log file will include the "Connected to client" message even when NetBeans is not listening.
Any idea what I might be missing?
Thanks.