face alignment algorithm on images

Viewed 7005

How can I do a basic face alignment on a 2-dimensional image with the assumption that I have the position/coordinates of the mouth and eyes.

Is there any algorithm that I could implement to correct the face alignment on images?

4 Answers

Face detection could be handled based on the just eye positions.

Herein, OpenCV, Dlib and MTCNN offers to detect faces and eyes. Besides, it is a python based framework but deepface wraps those methods and offers an out-of-the box detection and alignment function.

detectFace function applies detection and alignment in the background respectively.

#!pip install deepface
from deepface import DeepFace
backends = ['opencv', 'ssd', 'dlib', 'mtcnn']
DeepFace.detectFace("img.jpg", detector_backend = backends[0])

Besides, you can apply detection and alignment manually.

from deepface.commons import functions
img = functions.load_image("img.jpg")
backends = ['opencv', 'ssd', 'dlib', 'mtcnn']

detected_face = functions.detect_face(img = img, detector_backend = backends[3])
plt.imshow(detected_face)

aligned_face = functions.align_face(img = img, detector_backend = backends[3])
plt.imshow(aligned_face)

processed_img = functions.detect_face(img = aligned_face, detector_backend = backends[3])
plt.imshow(processed_img)
Related