Simple C audio library

Viewed 17508

I'm looking for a simple-ish library for outputting audio. I'd like it to meet these criteria:

  • Licensed under LPGL/zlib/MIT or something similar – i'm going to use it in an indie commercial application and i don't have the money for a license.
  • Written in C, but C++ is fine.
  • Cross-platform (Windows, Linux, maybe OSX)
  • Able to read from some sort of audio file (i'd prefer WAV or OGG but i will gladly use less popular formats if need be) in memory (i've seen the use of a memfile struct and user-defined I/O callbacks). I need the file to be in memory because i put all my resources into a .zip archive, and i use another library to load those archived files into memory.
  • Supports playing multiple sounds at the same time, having a max of 8 or so is ok.
  • I'd really like to either have the source code or a static library (MinGW/GCC lib???.a), but if nothing else is available i will use a shared library.

I must have come accross two dozen different audio libraries in my search, all of which haven't quite met these criteria...

4 Answers
Related