I have a Visual C++ 10 (VS2010) .vcxproj project file and I want to copy it and use the copy in the same solution file as the original project.
I understand that I need to generate a new ProjectGuid in the new .vcxproj file, but I don't know what edits I would need to make to the .vcxproj.filters file.
In the .vcxproj.filters file, I see that there are many UniqueIdentifier elements which have GUIDs for values. I assume that I would need to re-generate all of these in the new .vcxproj.filters, but Visual Studio didn't report any errors and didn't seem to have any problems with having the same GUIDs in two different .vcxproj.filters files in the same solution file.
Does anyone know if it is safe to have duplicate UniqueIdentifiers across different .vcxproj.filters files in the same solution file? Does anyone know what these UniqueIdentifiers are for?
Is there an easier way of making a duplicate of a .vcxproj / .vcxproj.filters pair without having to regenerate every single GUID used in the .vcxproj.filters file?