Unable to locate Source XRef to link to

Viewed 47934

I have a big maven project that uses the pmd plugin for code quality checks.

since I started using the pmd plugin i get the following warning message:

[WARNING] Unable to locate Source XRef to link to - DISABLED

I googled and found that i need to implement the jxr plugin.

so I add the following to the build property in the main pom.xml file.

  <plugin>
    <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
    <artifactId>maven-jxr-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>2.3</version>
  </plugin>

welp it doesn't really change anything.

any ideas what I need to implement in order to resolve this warning message?

output of mvn -version

Apache Maven 3.0.4 (r1232337; 2012-01-17 10:44:56+0200)
Maven home: /usr/share/maven-bin-3.0
Java version: 1.7.0_05, vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: /usr/lib64/icedtea7/jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: ANSI_X3.4-1968
OS name: "linux", version: "3.5.2-gentoo", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"

thanks!

4 Answers

It is way easier to configure it this way and not tie it to the site phase.

Then, it is as simple as mvn test.

<build>
  <plugins>
    <plugin>
      <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
      <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
      <configuration>
        <source>1.8</source>
        <target>1.8</target>
      </configuration>
    </plugin>
    <plugin>
      <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
      <artifactId>maven-surefire-plugin</artifactId>
      <version>${maven-surefire-plugin.version}</version>
      <dependencies>
        <dependency>
          <groupId>org.junit.platform</groupId>
          <artifactId>junit-platform-surefire-provider</artifactId>
          <version>1.2.0</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
          <groupId>org.junit.jupiter</groupId>
          <artifactId>junit-jupiter-engine</artifactId>
          <version>${junit.jupiter.version}</version>
        </dependency>
      </dependencies>
      <configuration>
      <testSourceDirectory>src/test/java</testSourceDirectory>
      <includes>
        <include>com.whatever.suite.*</include>
      </includes>
      <systemPropertyVariables>
        <selenide.remote>${grid.hub}</selenide.remote>
      </systemPropertyVariables>
      <trimStackTrace>false</trimStackTrace>
    </configuration>
  </plugin>
  <plugin>
    <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
    <artifactId>maven-surefire-report-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>${maven-surefire-plugin.version}</version>
    <configuration>
      <outputDirectory>target/surefire-reports</outputDirectory>
      <linkXRef>false</linkXRef>
    </configuration>
    <executions>
      <execution>
        <id>during-tests</id>
        <phase>test</phase>
        <goals>
          <goal>report</goal>
        </goals>
      </execution>
    </executions>
  </plugin>
</plugins>
Related