does Alarm Manager persist even after reboot?

Viewed 32976

I am really new to android, I have been researching about alarms. I want to alarm if there is a birthday on that day. I've have used alarm manager. I was confused because i have read that it clears after reboot. I don't have an android phone so I'm just using the emulator.

Here's my code :

public void schedAlarm() {
    AlarmManager am = (AlarmManager) getSystemService(ALARM_SERVICE);
    Intent intent = new Intent(this, AlarmService.class);
    pendingIntent = PendingIntent.getBroadcast(this, contact.id, intent, PendingIntent.FLAG_ONE_SHOT);
    am.setRepeating(AlarmManager.RTC, timetoAlarm, nextalarm, pendingIntent);
}

I made this BroadcastRecever in replace for AlarmSerivce Here :

public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent) {
    nm = (NotificationManager) context.getSystemService(Context.NOTIFICATION_SERVICE);
    CharSequence from = "It Birthday!";
    CharSequence message =" Greet your friend.";
    PendingIntent contentIntent = PendingIntent.getActivity(context, 0, new Intent(), 0);
    Notification notif = new Notification(R.drawable.ic_launcher, "Birthday", System.currentTimeMillis());
    notif.setLatestEventInfo(context, from, message, contentIntent);
    nm.notify(1, notif);
 }

is this enough??

3 Answers
Related