Cross platform interface for virtualenv

Viewed 10947

I have developed my entire project (Django, Python) on Windows and all the PaaS out there use Linux.

VirtualEnv on Linux:

VirtualEnv_dir /
                 bin/ activate, activate_this.py
                 include /
                 lib /
                 local /

VirtualEnv of Windows:

VitualEnv_dir /
                Include/
                Lib /
                Scripts/ activate.bat, activate_this.py

As virtualenv is a lot different in windows & Linux. How shall I need to use my windows virtualenv on the PaaS?

Edit:

If I am on windows, I need to run call virtualenv_dir/scripts/activate.bat to get into it. Where as in Linux, its something source virtualenv_dir/bin/activate.

Now, my repo holds a virtualenv generated using Windows (which uses .bat). When I push the repo to a Linux system, how should I be able to run that? (bat files would not work!)

I am using OpenShift PaaS where I would like to put a virtualenv on Git repo. How can I activate it?

What's the best solution

1 Answers
Related