Live preview in browser

Viewed 885

I'm looking for a tool for HTML5 + CSS3 editing. Currently the best IDE I have found is Visual Studio 2012. There is one slight problem. I want to have a live preview of what I'm creating. I have multiple monitors and it would be perfect to see the result of my code without switching to browser and hitting F5 (or Ctrl+F5). The only way I could achieve this is by using a auto-reload addon on Firefox or Chrome. But it isn't a very elegant solution. It can pretty much slow down the process because it runs so many unnecessary refreshes.

The best solution would be to somehow do this in browser (or a tool which uses browser engines) to test it in various browsers. Also it helps in situations that I'm developing server-side in PHP or ASP.NET.

Alternatively, if there is a very good IDE (better than VS) I wouldn't mind using it but please note, I'm looking for these:

  • Live preview (of course)
  • Intellisense
  • Auto-complete features (for instance closing tags, quotations, etc.)
  • Theme support (especially black) + Customization
  • Zoom (not vital but I love tools which support C+Scroll)
2 Answers
Related