LinkedIn Share Button - Doesn't recognize og:image

Viewed 2570

I'm trying to share a page with og tags. One of the tags is og:image as described in the following link: https://developer.linkedin.com/documents/setting-display-tags-shares The image I share is legal.

For some reason linkedin doesn't show the image once I'm sharing the page through LinkedIn Share button (although it shows the other tags' values).

My og:image tag:

meta property="og:image" content="http://mywebsite.comm/difa2fz.png"

Any idea?

3 Answers

According to the Official LinkedIn OG Tags Sharing Documentation, the following are required for the og:image...

  • Max file size: 5 MB
  • Minimum image dimensions: 1200 (w) x 627 (h) pixels
  • Recommended ratio: 1.91:1

Have doubts about your link? You can submit your share URL to the LinkedIn Post Inspector, which will analyze, debug, and explain any problems you have in your share URL, including og tag issues.

You provided us with your code, but not the image, so, you'll need to make sure your image conforms to the above limits. In addition, since I can't see all the code, I'd also add in the following informal requirements...

  • Is your og:image tag in the <header>...</header> block of your HTML?
  • Does your page have a <html>...</html> block?

Here's a demo site I host where the LinkedIn share URL works. This is purely a demo site, and it has no monetary value (its stated purpose is to "sort words"). SortWords.com, and the share URL is: https://www.linkedin.com/sharing/share-offsite/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sortwords.com. Works great:

enter image description here

Related