preventing external page from redirecting MY (parent) page

Viewed 1917

Using the latest version of Chrome on Mac OS 10.7.

I assume it is some clever javascript that is enabling the folks at this webpage:

http://www.chairworks.com/

...to close my (the parent) page which opened their (chairworks.com) page in the first place. I did not open them with javascript, but with an <a> tag with the target="_blank" attribute.

If I disable javascript, then the behavior stops.

<a href="http://www.chairworks.com" target="_blank">www.chairworks.com</a>

I would expect the page at chairworks.com/ to simply open in another tab/window... but what I find is that as soon as the new browser tab opens, it closes, and then my page (the parent tab/window) gets redirected to the chairworks.com page.

Kinda rude.

Can someone point me to what code enables them to do that? And how do I prevent it? (Assuming I want a link to behave as expected, such as in my demo page.)

3 Answers
Related