Invalid PNG Image file: iDOT doesn't point to valid IDAT chunk

Viewed 10422

I have some HTML content pages in an app and I'm using a UIWebView to display them. Some of these pages have a PNG image in them that is generating the following message in the debug console in xcode:

ImageIO: PNG invalid PNG file: iDOT doesn't point to valid IDAT chunk

The image still displays and looks correct. Also this only happens when I run the app on an iPad (3rd generation). My iPhone 4 doesn't display this message.

My first thought was that it was caused by a ~ character in the filename (I've added the ~ipad tag to the filename). However, removing the ~ character doesn't have any effect.

I've done a google search but I only get 3 results. 2 of them are in Chinese that doesn't seem to be translated well by Google's translater. The other results seems to be someone with the same issue as me, but no responses to his post.

6 Answers

'cleaning' the project (xcode menu path : product -> clean) solved this exact issue for me.

Resaving the .png with a new name did not.

Image did appear in the simulator but not on the test device (ipod touch 5th gen.)

Very large image 4000 x 4000

Related