I've got:
words = ['hello', 'world', 'you', 'look', 'nice']
I want to have:
'"hello", "world", "you", "look", "nice"'
What's the easiest way to do this with Python?
I've got:
words = ['hello', 'world', 'you', 'look', 'nice']
I want to have:
'"hello", "world", "you", "look", "nice"'
What's the easiest way to do this with Python?
An updated version of @jamylak answer with F Strings (for python 3.6+), I've used backticks for a string used for a SQL script.
keys = ['foo', 'bar' , 'omg']
', '.join(f'`{k}`' for k in keys)
# result: '`foo`, `bar`, `omg`'
find a faster way
'"' + '","'.join(words) + '"'
test in Python 2.7:
words = ['hello', 'world', 'you', 'look', 'nice']
print '"' + '","'.join(words) + '"'
print str(words)[1:-1]
print '"{0}"'.format('", "'.join(words))
t = time() * 1000
range10000 = range(100000)
for i in range10000:
'"' + '","'.join(words) + '"'
print time() * 1000 - t
t = time() * 1000
for i in range10000:
str(words)[1:-1]
print time() * 1000 - t
for i in range10000:
'"{0}"'.format('", "'.join(words))
print time() * 1000 - t
The resulting output is:
# "hello", "world", "you", "look", "nice"
# 'hello', 'world', 'you', 'look', 'nice'
# "hello", "world", "you", "look", "nice"
# 39.6000976562
# 166.892822266
# 220.110839844
words = ['hello', 'world', 'you', 'look', 'nice']
S = ""
for _ in range(len(words)-1):
S+=f'"{words[_]}"'+', '
S +=f'"{words[len(words)-1]}"'
print("'"+S+"'")
OUTPUT:
'"hello", "world", "you", "look", "nice"'
# Python3 without for loop
conc_str = "'{}'".format("','".join(['a', 'b', 'c']))
print(conc_str)
# "'a', 'b', 'c'"