Ambiguous references with the exact same namespace

Viewed 23506

The RC class is not linked to a database, it is a simple class. The class is at only one place and is not partial. The Aérochem.Domain dll project compiles just fine.

Note: If I select one of the two identical namespaces in the quick fix menu, it does nothing.

Note2: This happens to a couple of classes (some related to a database, some not)

Is there a fix to that or a way to figure what's wrong?

enter image description here

11 Answers

For me it was because I had referenced the DLL both by Project reference and Assembly reference. Deleting the Assembly reference fixed the issue.

I had the same problem while two packages were ambiguously referencing the same dll, and this is what worked for me:

I have given an alias name to one of the packages (named Dapper.StrongName), by putting the following into my .csproj file:

  <Target Name="ChangeNameAlias" BeforeTargets="FindReferenceAssembliesForReferences;ResolveReferences">
    <ItemGroup>
      <ReferencePath Condition="'%(FileName)' == 'Dapper.StrongName'">
        <Aliases>AliasName</Aliases>
      </ReferencePath>
    </ItemGroup>
  </Target>

And then added the namespace as using AliasName::Dapper;

I added a post here: Ambiguous extension methods

See related articles:

I had this problem in a .NET standard project (I call it the host project). The namespace causing the problem was in another referenced project (which was also a .NET standard project) in the same solution.

I did everything: clean, delete resharper cache, close soln, delete .suo, delete binaries. Nothing seemed to work.

Then I converted the host project to .NET framework and then the problem disappeared.

I know this is a pretty old issue, but maybe this will help someone. If using c# razor in Asp.Net Core 2+, if you have this problem.

1) Copy the content of the file to notepad.

2) Delete the .cshtml file.

3) Create the .cshtml file with the same name.

4) Copy the content from notepad into the new file

I don't know if this is just a weird bug, or a consequence of upgrading a project from Core 1.0 to 2+, but it FINALLY fixed the problem for me. This was an issue for me in both Visual Studio 2017 and 2019.

Related