How do I install an app into the data/app folder instead of the system/app folder in an AOSP build?

Viewed 4335

I put my application folder in

packages/apps  // inside AOSP source code

Now my application has following Android.mk in the same folder:

LOCAL_PATH:= $(call my-dir)
include $(CLEAR_VARS)

LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS := optional

LOCAL_SRC_FILES := $(call all-java-files-under, src)

LOCAL_PACKAGE_NAME := package_name
LOCAL_CERTIFICATE := platform

include $(BUILD_PACKAGE)

# Use the folloing include to make our test app
include $(call all-makefiles-under,$(LOCAL_PATH))

Now when I build my AOSP project, it also compiles my application and puts the APK file inside:

out/target/product/$MY_PLATFORM/system/app

But I want to put it in:

out/target/product/$MY_PLATFORM/data/app

How do I do this? What make file do I change?

3 Answers

You can take help of some other system app. Copy your target app which need to be installed in /data in say /system/usr/share

   device/<your platform> /extras/usr/share/<target app>:system/usr/share/<target app name> \

write above rule in device/platform/<platform specific mk > Now using some other system level app you can check whether your app is installed or not. If not installed install it via package manager by giving above path system/usr/share/<target app name>

Related