Drag & Drop on IPad Web App - while remaining Scroll functionality

Viewed 9215

I am using Jquery UI Drag and Drop ( http://jqueryui.com/demos/draggable ) together with https://github.com/furf/jquery-ui-touch-punch to map touch events over to mouse events. The whole drag and drop thing works fine so far.

The problem I have now is that I have a long list of draggable elements and I need to be able to scroll through the list on IPad as well... When I made the list elements draggable this won't work anymore.

I tried using the jqueryui provided constraints like distance and delay - but even then the scroll event seems to be totally disabled / overlayed with the drag event.

I probably need to write a custom function like "only if move to left at least 50 px make it draggable" or something.

Has anybody ever encountered a similar problem and is willing to share som thoughts about it? Are any other mobile web frameworks like Sencha or JQmobile equipped with such functionality?

Thanks in advance...

2 Answers
Related